Tuesday 24 May 2016


"Not all girls are made of sugar, spice and everything nice, some are made of sarcasm, wine and everything fine."

Imagine this scenario, a group of nicely tailored women, in their beautiful clothes, some of them probably designer, gorgeous heels, sipping on tea, or wine, talking about the latest gossip, who did what, when, where, why, how and with whom.

Now imagine the same scenario, replace the nicely tailored clothes, the dresses and skirts with jeans and that old comfortable but still presentable t shirt thats starting to fade, LaidBack hair, slippers or crocks, some vodka cranberry or just vodka neat and a couple of beers and some good barbecue, talking about our relationship woes and maybe a few new movies with a little gossip.

I have been in both those scenarios, and I enjoyed both, mostly cause I can morph into who i need to be in the moment.

I can handle being both because honestly, i couldn't care less about the difference between being ladylike and not being ladylike.
I see it as being the same thing.
This friend of mine once told me that I need to be more of a lady, and less 'guyish'. I have never laughed like I did in that moment, I found it rather ridiculous that being a lady has become a class of its own, that we have decided to create this facade that is a lady.

What exactly is a lady?

la·dy

ˈlādē/

noun

1.

a woman (used as a polite or old-fashioned form of reference).

"I spoke to the lady at the travel agency"

synonyms:woman, female; More

2.

a woman of superior social position, especially one of noble birth.

"lords and ladies and royalty were once entertained at the house"

synonyms:noblewoman, duchess, countess, peeress, viscountess, baroness;

archaicgentlewoman

"lords and ladies"

It doesn't say a lady dresses a certain way, or stands or sits a certain way, or even drinks a certain kind of drink.
A lady, is a woman.
According to the definition of a lady, I am a lady, so, to all my friends, who have told me that I need to be more ladylike I say, I am a lady, I am a woman, I dress as comfortable as I can, I keep myself as dignified as I can, I behave as I need to and as I can, I eat what I like and drink what I like.
That doesn't change my gender, it just means I am human, and I do things that I as a person see fit.
If that makes me 'guyish', then I will stand tall and say it proudly, I am 'guyish'.

That being said, its always wise to remember that, some of us are sugar spice and everything nice, and some of us are made of sarcasm, wine and everything fine.

At the end of the day, we're all just ladies, women, females.
We are all ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment